Become A Member
Become a Northern Lights Credit Union Member
Northern Lights Credit Union is more than just a bank. We are a locally based, member-owned credit union. As a full-service financial institution, NLCU offers all the consumer financial products you'd expect from a larger financial institution. Our priority is to provide low-fee or no-fee services with higher yields on savings and lower rates on loans.
QUALIFICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
SECTION 1: The field of membership shall be limited to:
1. Persons who live or work in the Vermont counties: Caledonia; Essex.
2. Persons who live or work in the New Hampshire counties: Coos; Grafton.
3. Persons who are employed by, retired from, or live in, as follows:
- Employees of Fairbanks Scales Division of Fairbanks, Inc. and are paid from St. Johnsbury, VT and employees who work in Kansas City, Missouri;
- Employees of public and private schools in Caledonia County, Newbury, Concord, Lunenburg, Victory, Granby, Guildhall, East Haven, Ferdinand, Brunswick, or Maidstone, Vermont;
- Employees of Maple Lane Nursing Home who work in Barton, Vermont; employees of Maple Grove, Inc. and Canterbury Inn who work in St. Johnsbury, Vermont;
- Persons who reside or work in the Townships of Barnet, Concord, Danville, Groton, Kirby, Lunenburg, Newbury, Peacham, Ryegate, or Waterford, Vermont;
- Persons who reside or work in the Towns of Dalton, Lancaster, Littleton or Whitefield, New Hampshire;
- Persons who live or work in the townships of St. Johnsbury, Vermont;
- Employees of Design Contempo who work in Littleton or Lisbon, New Hampshire
- Employees of H.G. Woods Industries, Inc. who work in Bath, New Hampshire;
- Employees of Franconia Food Center, Inc. who work in Franconia, New Hampshire;
- Employees of the Charlmont Motor Inn who work in Twin Mountain, New Hampshire;
- Employees of Morrison Nursing Home/Sartwell Assisted Living who work in Whitefield, New Hampshire;
- Employees of Burke View Garage, Inc. who work in Lyndonville, Vermont;
- Employees of the Town of Sugar Hill who work in Sugar Hill, New Hampshire;
- Employees of Union House Nursing Home, Inc. who work in Glover, Vermont;
- Employees of Craftsbury Community Care Center who work in Craftsbury, Vermont;
- Members of record of St. John’s Credit Union as of the effective date of merger (July 25, 2001);
- Parishioners of St. John’s Parish in St. Johnsbury, Vermont;
- Employees of Northeastern Vermont Regional Hospital or St. Johnsbury Health and Rehabilitation Center who work in St. Johnsbury, Vermont.
- Employees of CUSAG, LLC
4. Persons who are members of the: Voting members of the Dalton Ridge Runners in Dalton, NH who qualify for membership in accordance with its charter and bylaws in effect on 3/3/2005.
5. Associations and organizations of individuals, the majority of whom are eligible for membership, partnerships in which the majority of the partners are individuals who are eligible for membership, corporations in which the majority of shareholders are individuals who are eligible for membership and such entities in which a majority of the employees are individuals who are eligible for membership.
Become a Member Today!
It’s easy to become a member. Simply choose an option below that's best for you:
- Apply now with our Online Member Application (process takes only 10-15 minutes!)
- Must be at least 18 years old to join online
- If you are opening an account with a joint owner, they must be present during the enrollment process. If not present, the joint owner can be added at a later date.
- Information needed to complete the online application:
- Social Security Number
- Drivers License Number
- Current e-mail address
- Current address
- OR complete and print our Membership Application, and bring it to one of our Branch locations.
- You can also call our Branch locations for assistance:
Littleton, NH - 800.370.6455
Make the Switch to Northern Lights Credit Union - It's Simple and Convenient!
If the only reason you haven't opened a Northern Lights Credit Union checking account is because it's a hassle to close your old one, our hassle-free Switch Kit has been designed to make the switch simple and convenient. You may apply for a NLCU Debit Card, transfer your direct deposit, automatic withdrawals like health club memberships, and close your checking account...all with this kit. Just complete the short forms in the kit, send them to us and we'll do the rest!
Request a kit today by completing our Contact Us form or by stopping by a branch location - across from Pizza Hut in St. Johnsbury or just down Dells Road from Walgreens.